Monday, January 12, 2009

 

Portuguese Water Hound?

I informed Oreo tonight about Barack Obama's announcement today that his family has narrowed its canine acquisition down to two choices. In the words of the president-elect, they're deciding between a "Labradoodle and a Portuguese Water Hound."

Needless to say, Oreo was not impressed with Obama's use of the designation Portuguese Water Hound. He figures if the guy can't even get the name of Oreo's breed right, we may be in for four more years of screw-ups like with that Bush fellow.

I explained to Oreo that Obama is not at all like Bush. But Oreo is so incensed about the misnomer that he just keeps barking and refuses to listen to me. At least that's what I'm assuming he's doing. It may, of course, just be his usual demeanor.

I'm also getting the impression that Oreo is not impressed with Obama lumping him in with Labradoodles. After all, Oreo is a purebred Portuguese Water Dog and Labradoodles are nothing more than uptown cross-breeds, mutts in minks if you will.

I'm just hoping that Obama does the smart thing and chooses a PWD. I suspect that if a Porty becomes the First Dog, Oreo may calm down and forgive the new president for his verbal gaffe today and give him a second chance.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?