Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Back to Normal

Well, the new fence is up along the back property line and that means Oreo can have free run of the backyard again. What a relief. In the interim, we had to put him on a leash when we let him outside. Except that he didn't want to go out. And even when we could finally convince him to go outside, more often than not he'd get his leash caught up on a chair or some other obstacle and whine to be let back in. I'm glad that experiment has come to an end.

A different experiment also came to an end today. When I got home, I discovered a very clean dog - one who had apparently been given two baths. That's fine; I have no complaint with that. But after bathing him, Cheryl tied a red ribbon around his neck complete with a frou-frou bow. Although Oreo's not really my dog, I felt that I had to stand up for what little masculine pride he had left. Cheryl finally relented and removed the ribbon. Now Oreo's not only clean but no longer an object of ridicule.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?