Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Just the Boys

Now here's a novel concept: just Oreo and me spending the weekend together. It wasn't my plan but that's just the way things are going to work out.

Cheryl is driving Sarah to Brampton for a dance competition this weekend. That means a weekend by myself at home. It also means someone has to take care of the dog.

That someone would be me. The question then becomes how happy will Oreo be to see Cheryl and Sarah on their return. That all depends on the nature of the care he receives from yours truly.

A dog used to getting two walks a day with one usually being an extended, off-leash frolic at the local dog run may have to adjust to two brief walks in the immediate neighborhood. Unless I'm prepared to transport Oreo to the dog run in my car and hope that he doesn't get so muddy that my back seat upholstery ends up looking like a mud bath.

If Oreo's lucky, the coming days of sunny, dry weather will make a trip to the dog run more probable and his daily routine will not be unduly disrupted. Heaven forbid that the family dog should have to make some adjustments.

Stay tuned to see if Oreo and I are still on speaking/barking terms by Sunday night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?