Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Spring is in the Air

Spring is in the air and on the floor, as in dog prints across the living room and kitchen floors. Now that the weather is mild and some snow is melting, Oreo manages to cover his paws with mud and do some paw-painting on the floors. Yesterday I came downstairs to see a couple of dozen paw prints scattered about. There were too many for a cloth so I got the mop from the basement and did a quick wash of the offending area.

Usually I take the time to wipe Oreo's paws when I let him in from the backyard. But I have to admit that lately I've grown tired of this exercise. Instead, I now tend to let him walk around with wet feet and then clean up after him by moving a rag around with my foot.

I think Oreo has changed our cleaning standards. What's a bit of dirt on the rug anyway? Eventually it will all be a uniform grey, right?

Here's hoping summer is here soon and we can forget about cleaning the dog - at least most of the time. But to get to summer, we have to get through spring, the season of mud-filled dogs and dirty kitchens. Has anyone ever trained a dog to wipe his feet on the doormat? I didn't think so.

Comments:
Good words.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?