Monday, July 10, 2006

 

What's In A Name?

After living with Oreo for more than a year, I think I have developed a foolproof method for determining how you feel about a particular pet in your home. It all has to do with the number of names you assign to the animal.

As I repeatedly note, I remain ambivalent about Oreo. This is readily apparent from the limited number of names I use to address him. There's "Oreo", of course, and "puppy" and if he's headed for the garbage or the garden, I loudly employ "Hey you."

My wife Cheryl on the other hand has a seemingly endless list of monikers and terms of endearment for Oreo. There's "Oreo", "McSnoreo", "Oreoodle" and "McDoodle." Then there's "Sweetie", "Sweetums" and "Honey." A whole series of names derives from his puppy status as in "Puppeeee", "Puppy doodle dandy", "The pup", "Puppet", "Puppy boy" and even "The pupperatzi."

As you can see, based solely on the number of names, there is little doubt about who likes Oreo more. My only concern is that Cheryl generally only refers to me as "Dave" or "Hey you." I think you know who in our household is more likely to end up in the doghouse.

Comments:
The latest moniker of your pet is always fun and telling. Namely my niece, the dog, who is currently "Ricky Bobby Puppy".

Roxy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?