Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Oreo Escapes

Last night, I almost sent Oreo to his demise. All this time, I've assumed that he wouldn't sneak out the front door. I've never seen him do it so I figured he just wouldn't. Needless to say, I was wrong.

While I was going in and out putting papers in the black box for recycling, I wasn't really paying attention. When the flyer delivery woman showed up at the same time I was making my third trip out the front door, we scared the heck our of one another. As I held the door open and was apologizing to her and taking this week's armload of flyers for the black box, I guess Oreo must have sneaked out the door.

I went back in the house and about two minutes later I heard the doorbell. At the door were neighbors from three houses down and accompanying them, much to my surprise, was Oreo.

Apparently Oreo was enjoying his newfound freedom by following the flyer lady down the
street as she made her deliveries. Luckily, our neighbors recognized that this was not a desirable situation and managed to lure him back to our house.

Given Oreo's youth and naivete, it's hard to say what might have happened to him if he hadn't been rescued. All I can say is that I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?