Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Dressing Your Pet



After reading my entry for last December, my friend Lucie sent me this picture of another dog burdened with a Santa hat. I don't know if you can tell from the photo but it's clear that this poor little mutt is not enjoying the experience.

I spoke to Oreo last night about this whole treating dogs like people business and suggested that we form a new organization to fight this unwarranted harassment. I took his silence as a sign of assent.

This anthropomorphizing of animals has gotten out of hand. As Lucie says, the only thing dogs should wear is a bandana and I'm not even sure about that unless, of course, it's a macho bandana. Then again, after this spring's experience, I may be willing to make an exception for rubber boots for dogs so long as they're not pink.

I raised the possibility of making our new organization all-inclusive so that it would also cover cats and other pets. Oreo's repeated barking suggests that he is of the view that cats can look after their own.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?