Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Dog Bites Boot

Like death and taxes, it was inevitable. Oreo just destroyed his first pair of footwear. Luckily for me (and him), the footwear was not mine. Sadly for Sarah, it was hers.

Apparently Sarah forgot to put her fancy new black boots back in the front hall closet. And that's all it took to tempt Oreo. By the time his misdeed was discovered, the boots were history. Not both boots, mind you. Just the left one. But he might as well have devoured the pair whole considering the damage he did.

At first glance, it looked as if there was just a minor tear on the left boot. But on closer inspection, it turned out that the minor tear severed one of the zipper tracks. I suspect that the cost of repairing the tear and replacing the zipper would be more than the original price of the boots.

Sarah is upset and disappointed. I think she was even a little angry at Oreo. But, of course, her anger didn't last. She truly loves her dog.

I, on the other hand, am now living in fear. Like a vampire's first taste of blood, I suspect that a dog's first mouthful of shoe leather just whets his appetite for more. Starting today, I am redoubling my shoe surveillance efforts. I know Oreo will strike again; I just don't want to be his next victim.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?